It was one of those mornings yesterday. And by yesterday, I mean Sunday morning which, as a pastor, is a big day. In short, it seemed like everything that could go wrong could.
- I left my church keys at home and didn’t realize it until I got to church- meaning I had to drive home and then back to church.
- The AC wasn’t working in our nursery. It was a balmy 81 degrees in there.
- Our mp3 recorder (for recording service) mysteriously didn’t work after working perfect last week.
- One hour before worship, I realized that I deleted our entire cloud-based projection files-leaving no time to recreate them before worship.
- My wireless mic battery died just as worship began
- Of course, all of this just put me in a frustrated mood.
Now, on the grand scheme of things, none of these things impacted the morning beyond me. It was another lesson that even when things go wrong (or not as we intend) that God is still God. God is still faithful. God is still at work.
During worship I saw our church rally around our mission team in prayer; passion for orphan-care; and celebrated the return of one of our members from a six month deployment.
I am thankful for the many ways that God continues to work even in, what I think are, less than desirable circumstances. Even when everything seems to go wrong, God is still at work. I can’t wait to see what God does this week!