Tomorrow has the potential to be a rough day. It is my 30th birthday. None of my birthdays in my 20’s carried as much weight as this one. While I am certainly not entertaining the notion of jumping off a bridge, there is a strange stigma about hitting thirty in my mind.
Here is the reality of turning thirty…
- It’s been 14 years since I started to drive.
- 12 years since going to college
- 8 years since getting married and graduating college
- In just 20 more years, I’ll be 50.
- As I connect with college students, I worry about being the creepy old guy hanging around campus.
- Or being confused with a facebook stalker!
- My friend told me the other day that my hair was thinning out in the back (Thanks pal!)
- I was 14 years old the last time the Pirates had a winning season
So I turn 30. They say that age is just a number, and it is. I have been overwhelmingly been blessed by God throughout my life. That’s the point, I think Andrea and I have tried to be where God wants us to be. That has been exciting for the past eight years together. As we do that into our thirties, I know that God will continue to use us beyond our wildest imagination. I just wish I could stay 29 or something!