I haven’t posted since May 5th. Mainly because life has been insanely busy. School has ended and Avenue Church is in a sprint to finish up some business before many of our committees and teams slow down for the summer. I will be glad to see May go. I will welcome June with open arms, or at least that is what I say now! Here is a breakdown of what’s been going on.
1. School’s Out For Summer…sure I could’ve done summer school. Maybe I should’ve done summer school. But Andrea and Abbbie are home for the summer and I really don’t want to spend too much time in Philly (unless it’s at a Phillies game). I am pretty sure I got A’s in both of my classes. Worst case scenario is a B.
2. Senior Adventure Trip is a Success…A dream of mine was to take our seniors on a trip to celebrate all that they have done over the last 4-6 years @ Fusion. With Lee coming on board as youth pastor, we shared this trip. Now, there are some things I would do differently in hindsight, but it was a great trip. Here’s what we did…
- Friday Night: Orioles vs. Nationals. We had the All You Can Eat Seats. Great game, Good food, great company and good fireworks afterwards!
- Saturday: Kennywood Amusement Park. We ended up in Pittsburgh and went to Kennywood, one of the oldest parks in America. We road the Steel Phantom (or Phantom’s revenge). It’s one of the fastest coasters in the world.
- It began to rain when we left the park. It didn’t stop.
- Sunday: Whitewater rafting. This was intense. It rained so much the river was extremely fast. It took us 2 hours to do a four hour trip.
- Monday: Mountain Biking. I really liked this, but it may have been a stretch for some.
3. Abbie is Walking…It’s crazy how fast she learned to walk. Now she rarely crawls. She is so much fun (except for double ear infections…or so I’ve heard)
That kinda catches you up. I hope to blog more often this summer. I will be working on some Delanco Camp stuff soon. Have a great Memorial Day Weekend.
Thanks for the Delanco Camp plug, Steve. I wouldn’t have found your blog otherwise. Hope all is well with Andrea and the baby.